Re; Cat with concussion and/or food poisoning

I am Izzie and I have almost 3,000 answers to my credit, many of them selected as winning answers. Mine is 1 of 2 answers to your question. I am sorry if you felt my answer was "mean". It was certainly not intended so. My 1st concern, however, is for your kitten and not for your feelings. I can only speak for what I would have done. If one of my animals (I have 5) had injured itself in such a manner, I would have 1) called my vet's emergency number IMMEDIATELY or 2) been on my way to the nearest emergency pet clinic. Please understand that we are not vets here. We cannot possibly diagnose or suggest treatment for a cat we can't see and don't know. Your kitten needs x-rays and perhaps to be kept overnight by a veterinary professional for observation, be it a concussion or food poisoning, and you did not indicate why you suspected that. Again, I am sorry if my advice seemed "mean" to you. It was truly not my intent.

Asked by Izadore (Izzie) on Jan 22nd 2010 in Emergencies & First Aid

There are no answers yet. You can:

• Be the first to answer this question!