Rapid breathing

In the last hour, my 7yo cat suddenly seemed in distress. He voimited and visited the litter box several times. His ears also seemed warm and he was breathing rapidly. I would've rushed him to the vet right then but 1) it's the middle of the night and 2) I have a broken finger in a cast. I'm not sure I can wrestle him into a carrier by myself (he's 24 lbs.) He seems to be doing better (it's been 30 min). Can this wait until morning when I can get a friend to help me with him?

Asked by Member 1119538 on Jul 8th 2012 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Batfink

Is everything ok with your kitty? hope so! Let us know.

Batfink answered on 7/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Scottie Max Fisher

You really should get your cat to the vet ASAP. He might have a blocked bladder since he is visiting the litter box frequently. My cat had one but if it's female it may be a UTI. Please get him to the vet before it gets worse!

Scottie Max Fisher answered on 7/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer