Close X

Ragdoll Cats Book

hi...does anyone here that knows what kind of ragdoll book tha will help me to take care of my lil guy? please help ! thank you so much !!!!

Asked by Lazy on Sep 24th 2009 in Books

There are several books on if you just type in "ragdoll cats" but they are low maintenance cats. I don't think you necessarily need a book unless you have never had a cat at all before. You would care for him just like any other cat. Be sure to have a regular vet and get all his vaccines. Neuter him by 5 or 6 months.They don't need much brushing because their hair is medium but they do enjoy it. A good quality kitten food, a litterbox, some toys and a scratching post. Good breeders screen for HCM (cardiomyopathy) but if this poor little guy ended up in a rescue you don't know anything about his parents. So just make sure your vet listens carefully to his heart when they see him. When I first got my Persians, I did read a book and it helped me, but you can find a lot of info in the internet. Google it and read some breeder's pages for free. Many have lots of info about the breed on their sites.

Maggie answered on 9/25/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer