Sebastian

queen cat serious weight loss and losing her hair postpartum??

shes 3 months postpartum and shes so bony that I can actually feel her spine and my fingers and feel the grooves of it. Its sickly and disgusting! She is also losing most of her coat. Should I take her to the doctor?? what is wrong with her? I have been feeding her kitten food for higher protein but she is still like this

Asked by Sebastian on May 1st 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers

Airel

Yes take her to see the vet . When any animal looses that much weight there must be a underlying cause which none of us at catster is qualified to give an answer of what it is . I have no ideal why you have waited this long to think of taking her to the vet in the first place . It should have been done about a month and a half ago . Good luck and hope your queen gets better.

Airel answered on 5/1/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

This sounds serious! Take the cat to a vet NOW!! You shouldn't even be wasting time thinking about it. I hope she gets better. Once she is well, you might want to consider having her spayed. Best wishes.