Sally

Part 2 quetion on flying with my cat..?

I will be relocating to Denver Colorado from Long Island NY. I have never flew with my Sally before. Can anyone give me information on how this will work. I am soo nervous to fly with her. We have driven to southern Florida after hurricane Sandy, I would drive 5 or 6 hours, then stop for the night at a hotel. But the whole flying, the take off and stuff. I'm scared she will freak out. She is on a steriod for asthma, so I don't know if I can give her any anxiety pill for the flight. I don't think I would drive her all the way there, that would be too much, too long. Please any advice or tips would be soo helpful!

Part 2:
***I have a carrier that says fly friendly. I would just double check the dimensions on that. And she is up to date on vet visits. My major concern is how my Sally will react to the take off with the loud noise and the "ears popping" that happens to us. Can that affect her? Will she freak out?

Asked by Sally on Feb 20th 2013 in Travel & Recreation

Answers

Joey

There is no way to say for certain how your cat will react to flying. All animals are different - and it's a risk. I know from experience that even if your kitty is okay with it - the airline can make it a real hassle - especially if you are planning on having her in the cabin (and cargo is a nightmare). Also, regarding sedatives, the AVA actually frowns upon the use of sedatives for animals in flight - so make sure you get the vet's advice here. Good luck.

Joey answered on 2/20/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer