Harvey

Oral ulcers ?

I, the human, have nasty oral ulcers. Boring. More to the point is that doctors want me to get rid of my cats. Eating anything makes me want to

puke

Asked by Harvey on Jan 27th 2012 in The Adoption Process

Answers

Don't listen to the doctors! Any time someone goes to the doctors with an ailment they will tell you to 1) quit smoking if you smoke; 2) lose weight if you are overweight; and 3) get rid of your pets (especially cats) if you have any. I know because I am a nurse. Don't you dare get rid of your cats. You need to find out why you are getting nasty oral ulcers. Getting rid of your pets won't tell you why you get the ulcers, and won't get rid of the ulcers. Stupid doctors (with master's degrees)! Find another doctor and not some quack job who doesn't want to properly diagnose you and treat you accordingly. Best of luck.

Cali

Unless you're allergic to the cats and have been full-on licking them or somehow swapping saliva I don't see how a doctor could blame them for your mouth ulcers unless they feel the breeding and showing of the cats is stressing you out and making things worse. Taking a break from competitive "cat fancy" while you try to treat the ulcers might be beneficial, but purging yourself of all your beloved companion animals would give you all sorts of stress and deprive you of the relaxing and healing power of a cuddling, purring cat.

The other poster is right- you should be getting treated by a doctor who is looking into physical causes- diet, toothpaste, possible infections; not just preaching a vague anti-pet theory without offering any real treatment options or even home remedies to speed the healing.

Cali answered on 1/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer