Occasional diarrhea. Good at home remedies?

I only have it on average of once every day & a half to 2 days. The rest is solid. Mommy doesn't want to spend tons of money taking me to the vet for just an occasional thing. Also, it's next to impossible to make me take almost all medicine unless it can be totally hidden in my food, so she doesn't want to spend time & money on something that I won't take. Suggestions?

Asked by Twinkle on Oct 10th 2012 Tagged diarrhea, remedies in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Nika

You might try changing her food. Something in it might not be sitting well if she has an allergy. Also, wet food will cause more diarrhea then dry food. You can also try adding in plain cooked rice, plain pasta, or plain mashed potatoes to her food. This is a bland diet that can help "bulk up" her stool. Don't give her anything with dairy in it as it can make diarrhea worse. Hope this helps!

Nika answered on Oct 13th.

Answers

Joey

Okay – once every other day to 2 days is not occasional. When did it start? How long has it been going on? What color is it? She really needs to see a vet. It could be something simple like an allergy to the food you are giving her – or it could be irritable bowel or parasites or worms (which could affect your health as well). My cat won’t willingly take meds either – but you know what – you find a way. I know times are tight – vets will usually work it out financially with you if you are upfront – you could ask that they only perform essential tests – but at least get a vet on board. Please see the vet.

Joey answered on 10/10/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer