New to Family no interactions with us

We just aquired a american shorthair kitten about 6 mo. old. He will not interact with us and seems to be frighten of everything it hears. i try to get him to interact with us but He continues to hids under the furniture and when I try to get him he hisses at me and runs away what can I do to get him to be secure with us and become a bigger part of the family? it's just my wife and I

Asked by Member 1144229 on Dec 8th 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Ramsey

Have patience. The kitten's life has been turned upside down by being placed in a new forever home ;) He will come around. Just don't force it and he'll soon be snooping all around you and your family. Don't make any real sudden moves when he comes around and don't try to grab or pick him up. That might scare him. Let him come to you. He will but it may take a little time. Congrats on your new furbaby! I know this will be fine if you just have a little bit of patience with the little guy ;)

Ramsey answered on 12/8/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer