My Persian cat

Okay so due to hair fall I'm getting my cat shaved since its summers also and combing often will take time so its better to get it shaved as it has no harm right? Cat will not feel hot. Secondly due to sexual urge I got my cat heat shots to control it now I'm thinking to have her kittens so like when she will get pregnant will she be a trouble to keep? And will she vomit and get sick like women do in pregnancy? Secondly this time when she will reach the sexual urge I'll get her mated but after that I might not want kittens so if I will not get her heat shots will she act crazy? Or get out of control for which I'll need to do an operation to stop it forever? Secondly Ifeed her meow can food as iI've heard that biscuits are not suitable for them the vet said this. I give her can food and boiled chicken more so how many times should I feed her? Tell me timings? I keep water 24(7 that's fine? Besides what else can I feed her except for purchasing food as I'm short with money.Milk for cat?

Asked by Member 902315 on Jun 5th 2013 Tagged foodhealthandgrooming in Food & Nutrition

Answers

No milk for cats; many of them are lactose-intolerant.

If you are short on money, you should not be breeding your cat. There's a stud fee, for one, if you're thinking of mating her with another Persian, and veterinary costs for her and the kittens, which you will not recoup by selling the kittens. The responsible thing to do for her health and the sake of all the homeless cats in shelters is to get her spayed asap.

There is no harm in getting your cat shaved, no. I highly recommend getting her spayed. We already have a pet overpopulation problem. It's not as easy as you may think to sell kittens. My grandparents took in a pregnant stray kitten & they couldn't even give away any of her kittens. Nobody wanted them. It's expensive having many cats to feed & take to the vet. Their cat didn't get sick & vomit when she was pregnant. Cats in heat do act out & can drive you crazy, so get her spayed to avoid all of this. There are low cost spay/neuter clinics. Please find one in your area. Don't give her milk. It's not good for her stomach. Plain water is fine. I'm all for giving a cat both wet & dry food. I have dry food available 24/7 & I get wet food twice a day. I think cats should always have access to food & water.

Nicholas

I agree with the other posts, best to get her spayed. There are too many cats in shelters that needs homes and are being euthanized as a result. Best to feed your cat a good quality dry and or wet food, clean, fresh water everyday. No harm in shaving but if not a good brushing everyday to prevent knots is a must especially with Persians. Knots can be painful and uncomfortable. Also an annual vet check. A good quality cat food will have chicken or other protein as its first ingredient. Good luck!

Nicholas answered on 6/7/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you are not a professional breeder with great knowledge and experience with cats, you should not consider breeding her. It is not fair to your cat or to the kittens she will be creating. It is MUCH easier and better for your cat to have her spayed. She will be healthier and not "a trouble to keep". It is the responsible and loving thing to do for her. If you are short on money for her vet care, that's another reason not to breed her. If there are complications with the pregnancy or she delivers sick kittens, you would probably have to let them die if you cannot afford treatment. You should not feed her anything but food specifically made for cats. Cow's milk can upset her stomach and cause other health problems. If you shave her, she will still feel the heat. Humans don't have fur and WE still suffer when the weather is hot. But shaving her is not quite as serious as not spaying her.