my new kitten has a diarrhea and she's inactive

I got my 2-months old Persian kitten yesterday she's been inactive since she arrived and kept sitting in her bed
and the morning I noticed that her stool is very very liquid so I think she has diarrhea
I fed her some food contain tuna and stuff but she didn't like it and I think this was the reason
I gave her boiled chicken and she seems to like it
I bough some dry food and she kind of liked it
I don't know if I have to worry or take her to the vet
or I can take care of her in home without needing to go to the vet
it's my first pet ever and non of my family had experience with cats

Asked by Member 1146818 on Dec 27th 2012 Tagged inactive, kitten, diarrhea in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

George

Diarrhea can be caused by many things especially in kittens, but its the lethargy that concerns me. It could be that her personality is simply different from what you perceived it to be at the shelter/store/breeder. When I picked out my 11 year old cat George he acted like a sweet old man who just wanted to cuddle. After I got him home he because a totally different cat who runs and jumps and plays constantly never wanting to be held. Your kitty may also be simply adjusting to her new surroundings. If after another day or two she is still lethargic and experiencing diarrhea it would be wise to have her looked at by a vet just to be safe. Changing brands of food and anxiety can both cause diarrhea. Keep an eye on her and use your best judgement.

George answered on 12/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥Sam

I would take her to the vet to be safe and you can ask any questions you may have while you’re there. Like food, vaccinations, worming, and flea treatment. Been inactive is the concern also for a small kitty, diarrhoea can also be a concern too, as they can dehydrate very quickly which can be life threatening if left.
Good luck.

♥Sam answered on 12/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Jelly Bean

Hello:

mix a T. of pumpkin and yogert into her food. Watch for dehydration. If you pick her up by the nape of the neck and the skin stays bunched up then she is getting dehydrated.

She may need wormed. Try the pumpkin and yogert and tske her to the vet soon. If the pumkin isn't working then get to the vet.

Hope this helps - Good luck

Russell
Editor - CatNews.org

PS: Do not use pumpkin pie mix. Use real pumpkin and low fat yogert :)

Jelly Bean answered on 12/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer