My new cat has behaviour issues

My cat eats drinks and also use the litter box but she doesn't play she acts laztly she mostly sleeps. One once she played with a ball properly now she watches out moving but doesn't run after it. I tried other stuff too but not working so what to do? Secondly its summers in my country so do they hair fall in summers? My cat doesn't have bald patches and stuff but when I pick her,tthe hair sticks on my hands and clothes also in the room they fly here and there are their hair harmful for humans? Besides should I get her shaved? Secondly she was acting a bit crazy few days back like she ran and also bit the maid for no reason? Why? I thought sheis having ffleas but when I checked I couldn't find any then what's this hyperness for and what else should I do to find fleas as they don't seem visible

Asked by Member 902315 on Jun 4th 2013 Tagged health, behaviour in Behavior & Training

Answers

Not all cats play, and if it is hot in your country, she, like a lot of humans, just wants to lay around. Cats shed all year long to a certain extent. The best way to control this is to brush her as often as you can. This will remove a lot of the loose fur and cut down on the fur flying around the rooms and sticking to you. Cat fur is not harmful to humans. People are allergic to the dander on the skin, not the fur. Honestly, cats usually don't bite for no reason. Most will hiss or swipe and then run away. Is it possible the maid doesn't care for cats, especially if she cleans and then finds the cat's fur all over? Brushing the cat would help there, too. Don't shave her if it's not necessary. If you notice any other "odd" behaviors from the cat, you do need to get her to a vet. If the maid truly did nothing to provoke the cat, maybe the cat doesn't feel well and needs to be seen. At that time you can also ask about cat training and socialization.