My kitten is freaking me out! Help!?

I got a half dead kitten about 3 weeks ago. And up until last night she's been great. Now whenever I try and take her collar off at night she freaks out. She hisses,runs in circles,runs into things,claws,bites,hides,jumps around, collapses,and pushes herself around. I'm really worried about her. She's only 6-8 weeks, and was the runt so her Mother discarded her. During the day she's really sweat though, then she goes ballistic. What's wrong with her? Help me???

Asked by Member 1115199 on Jun 11th 2012 Tagged kitten in Aggression

Answers

Okay, calm down and take a moment to breath. You can do this, it is a hard time and you need to be calm so she does not sense your stress.

Kittens prefer wet food because it's easier on their little teeth. If she is sick give her canned cat food, she already does not feel good so she can at least take comfort in a full belly.

If she is really young (under 3 months) she is crying because she misses her litter mates and people are her new family and she is lonely without them. Most kittens are very social and want human affection. Until she is better and can be held there is not much you can do.

She is slipping on tile because it's a slick surface for her little fur covered feet. My cat slips and she is 3 years old. The spray might be disorienting to her.

www.rabbitrunsandhutches.co.uk

www.chickencoopsoutlet.co.uk

www.dogkennelsoutlet.co.uk

samantha and blackey

why do you have to take her collar off , if she likes it can you not just leave it on , she is use too it and feels like something is not rite when you take off , and at 6 to 8 weeks old she should like to sleep a lot , i put a alarm clock the ticks , you know a wind up one , under my kittens blanket , it was like a heart beat to him and he was lost when i got him , he was only 6 weeks old , i had to feed him mothers milk from a vet all the time , because when they are that little and yours you got was so sick when you got , the baby needs a lot more care then one that came from a good home or breeder , i have my 2 kittens now that are ferral and iv been taming them for months , so hang in there , hope things get better

samantha and blackey answered on 6/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If the kitten was only 3 weeks when you got her, she probably was not yet weaned and should have been fed Kitten Milk Replacer" from a bottle every few hours. The bottom line is that you need to find a vet and take her in for a complete exam. Sad to say, mother cats usually abandon babies for a reason. It happened to my daughter who became very attached to "Lucy" who only lived a year. My daughter is still in mourning for the poor little thing. If, when you try to take her collar off you are restraining her, that could be a reason. Most kittens do not like to be held for long. If she is an outside cat, that will make her even more shy of being held. Leave her collar on. Do something with her at night that she enjoys like playing with a feather teaser or even teach her to chase a ping-pong ball. Then she'll look forward to evenings and not freak out. And, please, do get her to a vet's for an exam. You won't regret it, I guarantee!

Without observing her in person, it's impossible to tell what's going on. She may be just playing or she may be having seizures. She really needs a thorough vet check - she certainly needs deworming and defleaing, needs to be tested for diseases. Please do this asap