baby&titan

my does my cat rub,grab and bite my toes?

i like to walk bear foot alot, or wit socks on, when i sit down my cat baby comes and grabs my toes, rubs on them and sometimes ite them, its funny hen he flops himself on my feet tho. not when he bites them lol

Asked by baby&titan on May 24th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Depending on how big your cat is, how long his claws are and and how sharp his teeth are, you may not be lol-ing for long, especially if he decides that 3AM might be a wonderful time to hunt "bed mice" (your feet). Family and friends might think it's not as funny as you think it is if he does it to them. He sees your feet as prey. He doesn't know they're "toes". When Izzie used to do this, I shook a soda can with pennies taped inside at him and told him a firm "NO BITE!" I play with him with toys he can "stalk" instead of my feet/hands. Since I have grandbabies, I didn't want to take a chance on him biting/clawing them!