My cats are fighting strangely?

I have two male cats, both from the same litter and are a year old. One is Siamese, one plain black. The black on, Ninja, is normally my loud, howler. Merlin is the silent one. But I just returned from a week long trip in japan and he's been acting different. He follows ninja around making this harsh, angry meow and then attacks the back of his neck. Ninja howls in pain. I'm fixing to get both of them fixed, but I'm very worried. Merlin's never acted like this and I don't want them hurting one another. Is it because of them needing to be fixed? Or is something else wrong?

Asked by Member 1147930 on Jan 2nd 2013 Tagged angry, social, brothers, anger, attacking in Socialization

Answers

Whenever there is a sudden change in behavior, Catsters recommend at least a call to the vet. The fact that neither male is fixed is a big issue and could be all that's causing the behavior. Even after neutering them, there may be issues for a while until all the hormones have left their systems. I would have this done as soon as possible...like yesterday...because it's a big factor in their behavior. They are also reacting to your being gone and their routine being interrupted. Cats can't say, "Hey, how come you left us?" and this is how they will react when you come back. After getting them fixed, keep your routines as normal as possible. But until you have them neutered, I can almost guarantee you that nothing else you try short of totally separating them, will improve their behavior.