Loki

My cat won't stop eating things off the floor-any advice?

My cat won't stop eating things off the floor. He always has dry food available so it can't be hunger. I try to keep the floor as clean as possible but he always manages to find something. I'm worried he'll eat something bad for him. Could this just be boredom? Any advice?

Asked by Loki on Oct 31st 2008 Tagged food, boredom, floor in Other Behavior & Training

Best Answer

Zara

Well from his main picture Loki looks very young so this behaviour is probably just curiousity. As to how to stop this behaviour I am not to sure, just make sure that there isnt anything lying around on the floor. I am sure as he gets older this behaviour will lessen.

Zara answered on Oct 31st.

Answers

What a sweet baby! My cats and dogs should be named after vacuum cleaners as they ALL do this. After a while,it has become second nature to me to pick up things off the floor (like beads and twist-ties, etc) that might hurt one of them if ingested and you will be the same way. Cats are naturally curious and chances are Loki is doing more playing than eating. In a way, it's not such a bad thing. I dropped a box of cereal the other day and with six animals in the house, didn't have to pick up one piece--even in the corners!! ;-) Hugs and kisses to sweet baby Loki!