Pippa

my cat misses me when i stay at my girlfriend's house overnight.

my cat meows when i don't come home at night. it bothers my roommates, and i sure don't want her to be sad. my gf says i can bring her over with me, but she has two cats already,and i don't want them to fight. also i don't want fights to happen with my roommate's cats when mine comes home smelling like strangers. is my kitty better off staying home without me? or should my gf and i plan to carefully introduce our kitties, so we can visit her place together?

Asked by Pippa on Nov 19th 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Hi there,
You have to pay more attention to your cat’ “desires.”
If not your cat will get depressed, and a lot of other bad things. You ask a good friend to do for your cat exactly what you do for: play in some way, careses, “talks" to her, put her on the lap etc. You have to leave in the places where your cat sleeps your clothes in order for her feels your smell.
When you are out your cat has to be “busy” so no more time to think about you.
Out pets deserve all our best in taking care of them. They give us a lot of love and appreciations.
God bless you all.
Vios

Vios is right. I wouldn't take your cat visiting because exactly what you're afraid of could happen. If you have a good relationship with your roommates and they like your cat, ask if one could spend some extra time with your cat while you're away. If your cat gets along with the roomie's cats, then she shouldn't be that desolate without you. Your roomies can play with ALL the cats. If you and your gf move in together in the future, THEN is the time to intro the 2 cats.