My cat keeps hissing at her brother, any advice?

I have two cats and one of them had to go to the vet by himself. When we brought him back, his sister kept hissing at him. It has been three days now and the hissing continues and she won't even go near him so I need advice on what to do.

Asked by Member 1082703 on Jan 7th 2012 in Aggression

Answers

when one of my male cats somehow snuck out of the house his brother was fine,just kept sniffing him, but his sister would just hiss at him. she seemed to not like him anymore and he didnt understand. normally they are very close. i put a small amount of mild lightly scented lotion on my hands and pet each kitty so they would all smell the same. it worked for me. (twice) good luck to you!

Maybe she's smelling unfamiliar things on him, or other animals and simply hates it.