Kenya

My cat isn't Active! What can I do?

I've tried every toy I can think of, and every one- she turns down! I've tried catnip- she gets playful for like, 5 minutes, and goes back to sleep. I've tried to do it at the times cats are more active- but, well, she sleeps through them- and it seems a pity to wake her up.
I'm scared she might get too fat!

Asked by Kenya on Nov 20th 2012 in Exercise

Answers

I'm assuming that your cat has been vetted, tested and vaccinated and she is healthy. If not, your really should get her to the vet to make sure she's OK. If she has, then, honestly, not all cats are enthusiastic about playing with toys. Only one of mine is and that's Lizzie. Izzie likes to chase houseflies and other bugs and if I actually play with him, like you, I can usually keep his attention for 5 minutes. Delilah carries a stuffed mouse across the livingroom and that's the extent of her "play". My cats sleep ALL day and I'm lucky b/c they sleep ALL night, too. My cats do like those "chitter mice", I found them at Wal-mart and PetsMart. They have a microchip in them that is supposed to sound like a real mouse. One even has flashing red eyes which sort of creeps me out. Keep trying to get her interested. Cats LOVE to stalk things so those feather wands usually work. She can only get fat if she eats too much. That's something you have to discuss with your vet.