My cat is weak and won't eat.

My cat won't eat, she seems to be moving slowly (weak?) and her purring is less healthy than it normally is. I've tried to hand feed her and cover her up with a blanket, but she refuses to eat and just crawled out from the blanket to me. Her meow is a lot squeakier and high pitched. Now, I recently got over a cold myself, is it a possibility that she caught it? I'm not really sure what could be wrong. She's a 6 year old female.

Asked by Member 904386 on Oct 24th 2009 Tagged eat, weak, cold in Health & Wellness

Answers

Rex

She didn't catch your cold, but she is sick and needs to go to the vet ASAP for an exam. One of the signs that a cat is sick is not eating. You can see that she is not herself and that's another sign. She is telling you that she is sick in her own way.

Rex answered on 10/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Minuit AKA Miss Meany

Your little girl needs to see a vet. You never mentioned if she was drinking water, if she's not dehydration can set in quickly and your cat will continue to become weaker and more sick. She may need IV fluids at this poiint.
Pets can't tell us when something is wrong or hurts, so it is up to us to know when it's time for a vet visit. Not eating and weakness, are good signs your cat needs medical attention.

Minuit AKA Miss Meany answered on 10/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer