My cat is bringing muddy paws into the house, any advice?

There is a building site directly behind our house now and it is where she use to go out to explore, its now a wet muddy pool and when she comes back in the house she brings all the mud in. How can we stop her from doing this?

Asked by Member 1133326 on Sep 29th 2012 Tagged mud, paws, dirt, clean, unclean, dirty in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Batfink

I have three indoor/outdoor cats at home, and let me tell i am constantly finding pawprints,Unfortunatley cats will be cats,and they do love to explore ,we do have to put up with thier fur and mess, and poops as the price we pay for thier affections and as our responsibilty as ''owners''. One of the dangers of letting kitty outside is that you cannot control where she goes, and they are more likely to come home, dirty and or injured (especially in the areas you describe)If you have deemed it safe enough for your kitty to be outside its just one of those things thats going to happen, I bring the cats in through the kitchen so that the pawprints are on a wipeable floor and ive paced a long runner rug by the door to catch some of the mess as they walk in.Cats are generally clean creatures,one of mine likes to use a bowl of water to clean his paws in. hope you are well, sorry ive no more suggestions!

Batfink answered on 9/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Purdy

Have a mat they can walk over on their way in..... or they're only little paws i think you just have to accept it ! You can't stop your cat going anywhere muddy.

Purdy answered on 4/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer