My cat is a 7-9 year old rescued cat.

She will NOT stop crying. She cries and cries, no matter what we do. Sometimes they are kitten cries, some times deep yowls, like she is in pain. I start petting her, and she stops, but I can't pet her 24/7, because I do have things to do, and when I stop, the crying continues. She doesn't want to play with string, she sometimes will be appeased with sitting on someones lap. I'm at a loss.

Asked by Member 1125670 on Aug 14th 2012 in Noisiness

Answers

Token Fur Banks

Oh Boy I know noisy kittehs beeeeelieve me!! My 2 are the noisiest of all time! Distuingishing which kind of "meow" or "howl" or yelp as they all mean something different. First off, time heals everything. If she follows you around, she probably wants food or attention. But I bet I really know what she wants. She wants to go outside... My kitty floyd i rescued at 2 years. He was an outdoor cat, now hes indoor... Hes not real happy about it!! Do you let her outside? if its not food, attention, other cats or dogs... Then it must because she wants to go outside. I live in apt and let Floyd sit out in the hallway. I take him on car rides to micky D's and I also take him for walks inside the apartment complex and outside of it too. He loves to eat the bushes... He randomly screams and cries for no reason... Its because he wants out!! whether it be the car, or a walk, he just needs to get outside!! Hope this helps. gimme more info, maybe I can help more. K

Token Fur Banks answered on 8/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You don't say how long you've had her. If you adopted her recently, maybe she's having a hard time adjusting to her new surroundings. I strongly recommend taking her to the vet to see if there's something physically wrong that is causing her crying. She could be older than 7-9 and may be developing dementia; cats with this often cry a lot because they're disoriented. Or maybe she's lonely and could use a kitty friend. Just throwing some thoughts out there.