My cat hates being put to bed, help me?

We usually let him out at night, but there are times when we just can't and we have to keep him in the laundry room so he doesn't meow and run around the house. Sometimes though, when we put him in the room he will get really upset and scratch and bite and attack me. it's really just a fight and I end up with bloody arms and legs. I don't know what to do to make bedtime a better experience for my cat and myself. help?

Asked by Member 1118914 on Jul 3rd 2012 Tagged night, bed, lockingup, biting, scratching, attacking, mean in Behavior & Training

Answers

Lex

I wrote to another lady about this last week. Bedtime can be troublesome... Does he have a warm, comfy bed? Does he have lots of toys? Food, water and litter in there? Sounds to me like he could also be getting lonely, I am not sure how old he is, but perhaps a second kitten could help? I know that is not always possible. Is it not poossible for him to be in your room at night with you? If it could be cold, try what i do, i have hot water bottle that i put inside these animal comforters, and they put them straight to sleep. Cats need to feel safe and secure. But by the sounds of it, he does not seem too pleased with the laundry area. Also, try tiring him out before bed. Play with him and let him run around like mad... I hope it helps ;)

Lex answered on 7/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer