my cat has wounded scabby bald patches wat are these?

my cat hashas wounded scabby patches on its skin wat are these?

Asked by Member 1155298 on Feb 14th 2013 Tagged foodbathtoys in Health & Wellness

Answers

Fiona

first, make a vet appt. my kitty gets this skin allergy in which she bites the inside of her thighs, which causes hair loss and scabs. this could be it, or it could be something different. your cat needs to see a vet so that 1) you can find out what it is 2) the cat won't get any infections

Fiona answered on 2/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The Three Stooges

As a guardian of 12 healthy cats and 3 dogs, I can tell you there are lots of reasons why you cat's skin may be in distress. The primary culprit in all of my experience has been stress. Stress of moving, new cat, new litter, new housemate. Allergies to food/carpet take time to manifest, and a single-source protein diet should rule that out, unless it is a flea allergy.

Also, to soothe your cat's itchy skin- cold-pressed coconut oil is better than anything on the market, and the safest anti-bacterial product for soothing skin. Another great product I use is Angstrom Mineral's silver water. I give a TBSP per gallon of wanter to my cats, 2 to my dogs and they stay healthy. It's anti-bacterial, ant-microbial, and it's inexpensive! It's the only way I can afford having 15 healthy animals on a limited income. Hope this helps!

The Three Stooges answered on 2/16/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Pywacket

Both my daughter and I have American bobtail kittens and nearly the same time, they got raw, bald spots. When we took them to the vets we were told that they most likely had allergies to some grain in their kitten food, so we immediately put them on Blue Wilderness, which is 100% protein. Any kitten or cat food that is all protein would do the same. If you cat is already on a grain free diet, then this isn't the answer, but according to our vet, with an inside cat, it is the first step to finding an answer.

Pywacket answered on 2/18/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category