My cat has sore mouth can i feed him oatmeal

I cant take my cat to the vet till tomorrow and he has sore mouth, can i feed him oatmeal or what other soft food would be good for him?? Thank you in advance. Jackie

Asked by Member 963857 on Feb 14th 2010 in Dental Care

Answers

I would just feed him canned cat food until you can get to the vet or else if you normally feed dry kibble, just take some of it and soak it in warm (not hot) water until it is soft.

Freckles (1993-2011)

Allie's right, I'd keep him on the same food he's used to but make sure it is soft. Adding canned food to warm water and mushing it up to a soup will make it really easy to eat. If he's on dry food you can soak it in hot water and but it with the water into a blender/liquidiser to also make it into a soup.

Freckles (1993-2011) answered on 2/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

isis

try boiled or steamed chicken or ground beef it's moist/soft & meat ! cats are carnivores & oatmeal, rice , etc. has no nutritional value for them.

isis answered on 2/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer