My cat has been wandering around all day meowing.

She is not usually a very vocal cat. I have cleaned her litter box, given her fresh food and water, given her cat treats, let her go outside, and petted and played with her. She is spayed so I know she's not in heat. She also does not seem to be in pain. She's acting normal except for the constant meowing. I'm scared something may be wrong with her and I just don't know what it could be. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Asked by Member 1174718 on Jun 10th 2013 Tagged meowing, vocal in Behavior & Training

Answers

If she is an inside/outside cat, it seems like she is calling to a friend in the neighborhood. Or maybe a neighbor cat moved away and left her lonely whom she used to hang out with? Check her paws and make sure there are no thorns in them, just to be safe, and do a coat check for fleas and ticks too. ^_^