my cat cant lift his head. whats wrong with him?

for about a day or so he hasn't been able to lift his head. he no longer wants to eat and cant walk in a straight line anymore. he is only 5 years old.

Asked by Member 1066401 on Oct 26th 2011 in Illness & Disease

Answers

We can't tell you what is wrong with your cat! Please take him to a veterinarian NOW! There is something very wrong with him and he is in need of immediate medical attention and care. Hope he is okay. Best of luck.

Please take Guest's advice and get your cat to a vet now! We cannot diagnose and suggest treatment for what sounds like a very sick cat over a computer. There are no home remedies or quick fixes for him. I've never heard of a vet who worries about money first and treating a very sick animal later. Please get him to a vet quickly! Good luck and many purrs.

Most likely Kidney failure (CRF). He's crashing. If it is what I think it is, he needs to go see the vet and get some fluid in him right away. It happened to my cat :(. The doctor thought he was going to die within the week because he wouldn't eat, but he ended up living happily for another 3 years. I had to give him sub-q fluid injection every other day though. I hope the vet will be able to help him.

ok stay calm....here is some things you can do-take your hand and lift up his head then give him his favorite treat.2.practice ether putting a line of food and he will follow or hold is body and walk with him and guide him.just take him to the vet!!! is there any way this could have happended? maybe you should get him a better food maybe he is allergic to it or he doesnt like it....try tuna and salman or liver too. God bless and i hope you figure it out 1 more thing you could do....pray! good luck!