My 1yr old female cat not using litter box anymore?

She will go #2 but not #1. This has been going on since we gave our other cat to my sister. She's also not fixed and runs to the front door to go to the bathroom outside if you catch her before she goes to the bathroom on the couch or open drawers. This only occurs when she seems to be in heat, I've read it could be a uti but only showing symptoms while in heat?? Help please I have a 2yr old daughter who loves to lay on the couch and can't anymore!

Asked by Member 1158998 on Mar 15th 2013 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

You need to get her fixed, my guess is this will stop when she is fixed. She won't be AS anxious to go out there anymore. She is going to end up pregnant and more kittens to contribute to the already staggering amount of stray cats around. Please be responsible and get her fixed before it's too late. Her pee issues will likely, and probably go away after she is fixed. You can look up a low cost clinic or SPCA, most of them do spaying for $25-50. Please do this.