My 11 week old kitten is very sleepy, and was coughing/gagging weird?

She just had her first set of shots around 7:30 today now its about 11:40. Well she has just been heavily sleeping which I know is normal after her shots, but about 15 minutes ago she got up and started kinda like breathing hard and gagging/coughing.

Would this be normal? She did it once and just fell back asleep, I woke her up again about 5 minutes ago to check on her, she is sleeping pretty hard. She is 11 weeks old, and is a F3 Savannah kitten..

Thanks Robert :)

Asked by Member 906628 on Oct 30th 2009 Tagged savannah, fsavannah, vaccinations, kitten, coughfing, breathinghard, sleeping, sleepy in Vaccinations

Answers

Bugsy

Being sleepy is normal. The coughing and gagging and breathing hard aren't. I would take her back to the vet, she could be allergic to the shots. You didn't mention if she was eating and drinking. I had a cat that got sick after her shots, she was gagging, wouldn't eat or drink, slept all the time and had a high fever. I took her to the emergency vet and they gave her a shot. I don't remember what it was.

Bugsy answered on 10/31/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Coralie Grace

Bugsy is right. If your kitty is having an adverse reaction she needs to be seen again and administered an antihistamine subcutaneously. Ignoring her symptoms could be catastrophic for her.

Coralie Grace answered on 10/31/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer