Roxanne

Low iodine diet to treat hyperthyroidism

My Roxanne has responded well to a new food for hyperthyroidism. She could not take the meds so this Hill's y/d seemed a great find. any one else tried it? I would like to be able to give her some treats. Also, the y/d has glutens and I'd love to have another food option. Thanks!

Asked by Roxanne on Sep 18th 2012 Tagged food, hyperthyroidism in Pet Food

Answers

There are three companies that make prescription foods: Hill's, Purina and Royal Canin. My one older guy is on the urinary prescription and I noticed that there is a huge difference in ingredients between the three brands. I went off the Hill's b/c of pork by products, so Panda Bear eats Royal SO dry and Purina UR wet. Each brand should have formulas that match the other brands, so check them put. P. Bear takes thyroid pills, really likes the Royal dry, and talk to your vet about treats; maybe there is a canned prescription variety that you can give as a treat? ^_^