Lost cat in winter

A six year old Medium Short Hair cat escaped from our home was chased by a car and is not lost for about 4 days. She has never been outside. I assumed she would wander back home, but she has not. I have left the windows open so she can better smell home, but still she has not returned. I don't think the dog got her as she is fast, and he was slow. Extensive searching has not done any good. Is she going to be able to survive outside without ever being there. In a week it will be 10 degrees for a couple of days in a row. Will she survive. I had heard stories of cats traveling many miles to find their homes, she was a happy cat and like it at home, I don't understand why she has not returned.

Asked by Member 1117973 on Nov 8th 2012 Tagged cat, lost, winter in Health & Wellness

Answers

I am so sorry that your cat got out and was lost. There are a few things you might do. Call local vets, the animal control officer (through your police department), and local rescues and shelters. Someone may have found her and taken her to a shelter. You can also try to set a humane trap baited with food for her. Many rescues and your animal controls are willing to loan out their traps and will show you how to use them. Put up flyers with her photo in stores if they'll give their permission. Once you've done all this, about all you can do is wait. But you will know that you did everything you could. Good luck!

Batfink

Im really sorry your Cat has not come home,i hope you find her. I had a tom cat a few years back who would spend a week in the winter weather travelling more than three miles between my house and my aunts house in a village out from mine.Cats are resourceful creatures, she will hunker down somewhere dry or warm, instinct, even house kitties have them. Izzie makes brilliant suggestions here, try to keep your chin up, and get on with some posters and phone calls, whatver happens, sending you purrs and warm thoughts good luck

Batfink answered on 11/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer