Haley

let me be clear

my previous two posts about my Haley,i wasnt asking about letting her out,she goes outside under supervision only,i keep a sharp eye on her..im not stupid..i wont let her off the deck..but i feel that after having spent so many years of her years "playing" outside,and spending nights in,,,she knew that at dusk,it was time to come home to me,and allways did..when she goes out now..i go out and sit and watch her,all i wanted to know is,why is she and the other cats licking the concrete,i dont need chastizing for how i care for her...shes 18 and very healthy other than her eyesight..i think ive done a fine job so far..

Asked by Haley on Feb 14th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

We apologize if you took offense to our reaction to your question (which incidentally was cut off.) From what you said in your shortened question, Haley is blind and she "normally stays inside". You were asking if it was alright to let your blind kitty outside. Then your question ended. The other posters and I took your question at face value and reacted to what you you wrote. I don't recall anyone saying you were "stupid" or a bad pet parent. Certainly, if Haley is 18, she's had good care. If you watch her constantly and know that these kittens she plays with are also healthy and have nothing they could pass to her and they treat her alright, why not let her out to enjoy the sunshine? If you're certain that she will stay on the deck and she is not in danger from dogs or other wildlife who could wander into your yard, I'm sure her old bones would benefit from the warmth of the Cali. sun. If the wall is not a high one, I'm sure she enjoys it there, too. Once again, my apologies.