Large scabs on my cat?

We recently had to get my cat declawed and everything was fine but less than a week later we noticed that he had some type of sore on his back thigh. We took him back to the vet and they said it was infected and had to shave the area around it. There is a large patch of scab there and he has several elsewhere. He's an inside only cat and I have no idea how he got them or what they even are. Any ideas?

Asked by Member 1144845 on Dec 11th 2012 Tagged scabs, backlarge in Skin Problems

Answers

Wow. I have to tell you that it really sounds like ringworm, which is very contagious to both you and any other pets you have. Did they identify the scab and give you medication or did they just shave the area? You need to get him BACK to the vet's if they didn't give you meds and have this treated. It's a nasty condition and needs to be taken care of right now!