Leia

Kitten pee on carpet

my 6 month old kitten has started peeing on the carpet in our dining room. Her litterbox is in the living room. She was spayed a month ago and has all her shots no health issues. Fed wet food and dry (wellness). Nothing new has happened to stress her out and otherwise everything is fine with her in terms of eating playing pooping and sleeping. So what could possibly cause this? I've had her for 4months and she never did this before.. I just cleaned the carpet with bleach and then she started rubbing against the carpet so I put vinegar and vacuumed the area and she hasemt gone back so far.

Asked by Leia on Jun 8th 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

She may have a urinary tract infection. I'd take her to the vet to see if she does.

Zuko

You should take her to the vet to see if she has a urinary infection/disease.

If she's healthy then maybe she doesn't like something about the litter box. It might be the litter box itself, maybe it's not big enough, if it's hooded try taking the hood off. She might not like the type of litter your using. Cats prefer unscented litter. Dr Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra is a good unscented litter. She might not like the location of the litter box anymore. Try putting the litter box in a quiet, low traffic area.

Zuko answered on 6/10/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer