Kitten constantly sleeping 2 days after neuter?

First time cat owner, so I don't really know what's normal.

My 6 month old kitten got neutered on Friday (two days ago). He was energetic (he wore me out!) and playful as soon as I got him home. Yesterday he was still playful, but not eating or drinking much. Now, he has slept all day today and I haven't seen him touch his food or water.

Is this normal? It's getting me worried, he seems to be going backwards to what I've read online is the normal response to this procedure.

Thank you for your help!

Asked by Member 1157832 on Mar 3rd 2013 Tagged neuter, lossofappetite, sleeping in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

I think you are right to be concerned. Most kittens, after they are neutered, they act as if nothing ever happened. I think if he is still sluggish in the morning, I'd get him to the vet ASAP. It could be normal, I do know that the day after my kitten got shots, he was very lethargic and slept most of the day, but he still ate. Let us know how he is, I'm hoping he will wake up and be bouncing off the walls.