Puar

Just got back from vaccines.

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I have one more. I ended up having to go to an animal shelter to get her shots. I feel bad that I don't have the money to get her to a real vet. But when they gave her back to be her keg was bleeding. O.o they didn't weigh her or check anything out. is that normal did they take good care of her?

Asked by Puar on Jun 13th 2012 in Vaccinations

Answers

Uh. sorry to say this, but not really. Most animal shelters have good vets, but I think you got a clinker. She needed to be weighed to make sure she's where she should be. She should not have been released to you if she was bleeding. If it were me and one of my cats had this experience with a vet, I would seek out another to make sure she was OK. Everyone is "financially depressed" nowadays and vets will work out a payment plan with you. Call around to local shelters and animal protective leagues to see who they use or recommend. Watch Puar to make sure she doesn't start acting strange, and if she does, get her into a vet (not the same one) right away. Keep us updated and don't worry about asking questions. That's what we're here for!