Just found a strange small bump on my kitty's belly? (pic included)

So my cat was laying on my bed here is a picture of him:
i1204.photobucket.com

While he was laying on his side, I noticed a small patch of fur was missing from his belly. I looked and in the middle of the missing patch of fur was a little white bump. He seemed to get uncomfortable when I touched it. Here is a pic of the bump:
i1204.photobucket.com

I've never noticed it before, and my brother thinks it's just a nipple. But do male cats even have nipples? And this is the only bump on his entire body..

Any idea what it could be? Are small bumps like this common on cats?

He is 6 years old and an indoor cat btw

Asked by Member 1115293 on Jun 12th 2012 Tagged bump, skin, fur in Skin Problems

Answers

Looks like a nipple to me. Male cats do have them, and they come in matched sets. But if you are concerned, you should definitely take him to a vet.

I agree with Monster, that sure looks like a nipple to me. Take a closer look and I'll bet you will find several more lined up on each side of his belly.