Guest

Just a warning. ..

My cat nearly died by sticking her head in a hard plastic cat treat jar. If I would not have been home to witness this absolutely insane event Molly would have died of lack of oxygen. She could not breath, and the treat jar was almost suctioned to her head. I first had to use cutco siccors to cut a whole for her to breath. After 10 minutes she was able to catch her breath and relax a little so I was able to twist the jar off her head. Long story short my baby truly almost died playing with her treat jar due to my ignorance. I just want everyone to be a ware of such dangers and I did not know where to post


Asked by Member 797183 on Feb 26th 2013 in Toys
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Izadore (Izzie)

Thank you for posting this very valuable warning. Cats are like perpetual children, and when you have cats, you need to "catproof" your home much like you would for a child. You are not to blame for this incident. It's just "one of those things", and thankfully it turned out ok. My daughter's cat got entangled in a plastic grocery bag once that had to be cut off. And my dog got a bone wedged on her jaw that required a trip to the vet to remove. Things happen. We can minimize the risks, but unfortunately can't eliminate them entirely. I'm so glad it all worked out OK for you and your cat, and thanks again for caring enough to post your experience.


Izadore (Izzie) answered on 2/27/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer