Is there any difference between cat and dog flea meds?

I have 2 cats and a dog. Is there any harm/risk to using dog drops on cats if I use correct measured doses for cats? This would allow me to buy in greater bulk and save money.

Asked by Member 1167573 on Apr 28th 2013 Tagged flea in Health & Wellness

Answers

Please don't do that! You could hurt or kill your cat, giving them the wrong dosage of drops. And some drops are not meant for cats, like K9 Advantix is for dogs only. Pet Armor is the generic form of Frontline, you can buy it at Walmart for $25, a 3 pack. I use Advantage on my cats, it is expensive, but you can get it online at Pet Supermarket way cheaper than in the store. Also Drs. Foster and Smith sells Advantage cheaper. I personally would not use dog drops, even if it is adv or fl, I would be afraid of giving my cat the wrong amount, or not enough and it not being effective. I know what you are saying, it is so expensive, but risking their health is not worth it, in my opinion.