Is there any cure/vaccination for people who suffer from cat allergy?

I would die for a cat I'm willing to do anything to be able to live with a cat without suffering from sever asthma/allergy, so please help me.

Asked by Member 1146932 on Dec 27th 2012 in Allergies

Answers

George

There is no cure for allergies, but their is a vaccine and other allergy medications that can help aid or prevent symptoms. You should visit an allergist and talk about your options. Another thing that significantly helps people with cat allergies who own cats is getting rid of carpeting in the home and cleaning and laundering furnishings regularly. The constant clean ups help prevent dander build up in the home.

George answered on 12/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

♥Sam

When I didn't have a cat I suffered the itchy eyes, running nose thing when I patted a cat. BUT I had to have a kitty, I found I improved, I must have gotten used to it. I only occasionally, if I meet another kitty and once in a blue moon, it’ll affect me but in general I'm fine.
You could always get a sphinx or a Rex
Try looking here on Catster for info on breeds that are good for allergy sufferers.
www.catster.com

♥Sam answered on 12/29/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Allie, Noah & Lizzy

hello!
i have allergies but completely fell in love with my three lil love bugs and couldnt not bring them home.
i go for allergy shots once a wk and will slowly become less often - also take singulair and zyrtec.
i wouldlnt change it for anything, i love my three lil furry babies.
hope it helps and best of luck! =)

Allie, Noah & Lizzy answered on 1/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer