Is my kitten part Bombay?

We adopted a stray kitten off the street a few months ago. :) Although we know it's unlikely, we just can't get over how much she looks and acts like a Bombay cat.

Her all-black coat very soft and glossy—the older she gets, the shinier she looks. Everyone comments on her huge copper-colored eyes (which started out green). She's incredibly affectionate with family and strangers. She loves to snuggle, always runs to the door to greet everyone, and "suckles" on blankets. She rarely meows, but has a very distinctive purr that can sound like squeaks when she's excited. She loves to run, jump, climb, play fetch, and explore—she's even been known to hop in the shower with me.

Am I crazy, or is it possible that our kitten is part Bombay??

Asked by Member 1140210 on Nov 11th 2012 Tagged bombay, cat, kitten, breed in Bombay

Answers

Anything is possible, but she sure sounds like she struck it rich by being adopted by you! We always wondered about my daughter's Josie possibly being part Bombay. It's really not possible to tell for certain if she is or isn't part Bombay. I understand that Bombays are not that common, but as I said, anything is possible. Do some research, ask your vet, and look at photos of Bombay cats. I always thought my Delilah was Maine Coon until I saw photos of a Persian and realized that's what she is.