Marzuki

Is Marzuki a nebelung? Or maybe part Nebelung?

I've been reading numerous articles on the subject of long haired (very long haired) grey/blue, green-eyed cat breeds and the characteristics of the Nebelung are really the only ones that fit him personality-wise.
He's very intelligent, has bonded to me and a few of my close friends, doesn't really like children or loud noise, follows me from room to room, is mild mannered and just an all around good cat.
The only thin that throws me off is his white neck/chest and little white kitten mittens. Is he Nebelung, part Nebelung or not Nebelung at all?

Asked by Marzuki on Dec 20th 2011 Tagged kitten, grey, blue, nebelung, breed, longhaired in Nebelung

Answers

Marzuki is very handsome! I doubt he's part Nebelung though. Nebelungs are very rare, and the odds of rare breed purebred cat mixing with the domestic population is very slim (at best) to none. Most cats don't have a breed like the dog world. only maybe 5% of cats are registered purebreds. any cat who's background is unknown or uncertain is technically a Domestic Longhair, Shorthair, or Mediumhair respectively. Marzuki doesn't need a breed. Just enjoy him for who he is.