is it inhumane for 2 cats to live in one room

i had to put 2 of my cats in my guest bedroom. they always slept and hung out in there anyway. they were starting to not get along with my other 2 cats and eliminating inappropriately. originally they were my outdoor cats but that had to change several years ago when i moved to an urban area. they have a huge scratcher/condo, water, food twice a day, and some attention. my boyfriend thinks it is inhumane, i think they seem happy. all inappropriate elimination has stopped.

Asked by Member 984105 on Apr 28th 2010 in Senior Pet

Answers

I don't think it is inhumane at all. At least they aren't in a cage at some pet store waiting to be adopted. Their needs are being met and they have each other. They seem happy and their inappropriate elimination has stopped. That is saying that they are okay with their environment. Don't feel guilty, at least you are working with them and not abandoning or giving up on them.

Petra

It sounds fine and since the innappropriat eelimination has stopped that is a good sign that they are feeling more comfortable.

Petra answered on 4/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the other posters. I don't think this is inhumane. And the fact that the inappropriate elimination has stopped is a sign that everyone is happier and less stressed. If everyone seems happy, I think you are fine. Just make sure all their needs are met and that they do get their share of attention.

My cat is an indoor cat and very happy. If your cats are not stressed out and have toys to play with and kept entertained i cannot see a problem unless they start getting stressed out. Good luck.