Dino

Is Dino trying to feed the kittens?

My litter is 5 weeks old now and they started litter training at the weekend. My humans have been putting food down for them, but I eat it. For about a week now I have been taking food to them though, but only chicken and fish that has been put down for Temperance (my daughter from my first litter) my humans are a bit confused as to why I am doing this as I have never done this before. Can anyone help answer this question?

Also, I have allowed Temperance to assist with looking after the kittens, she has been very good at helping me even cleaning the kittens and now playing with them.

Asked by Dino on Oct 17th 2011 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

A female "queen", or cat who has had kittens, will continue to mother the kittens until she comes into heat again, which, for Dino, could be any time. Then, all bets are off and Temperance and the kittens will be fair game as targets of her wrath. Dino will become preggers again. Have you considered having your cats spayed? There is such a terrific overpopulation of kittens in all countries. Even if you find homes for them, chances are if not for your kittens, someone may have rescued a kitten from a cage at the Humane Society instead. Please consider it! Thank you.