Is a ragdoll good for me?

No one is in the house for 9h in the day. Im desperate for a cuddily, fluffy cat but my worry is if Ragdolls can be trusted in the house by itself and Im worried it will scratch the house down. Im thinking about getting 2 Ragdoll kittens but is this good for me???

Asked by Member 1148640 on Jan 7th 2013 Tagged independent, cuddly, fluffy, cute, lap, kitten, house, desperate, worry, ragdoll, ragdolls, trust, trusted, in, the, itself, im, worried, it, will, scratch, down, about, getting, but, is, this, good, for, me in Ragdoll

Answers

From what I've heard, Ragdolls are among the most "laid-back" of the cat breeds, but of course there are exceptions to every rule. There are millions of cat who spend most of their days alone and don't destroy the house they live in. But precautions need to be taken. A kitten is a cat baby/child and needs to be trained. That doesn't mean hitting and shrieking at it but using kind and gentle patience.This is where a good vet, whom you should have "on board" before you adopt, can advise you. Cats, like people, each have their own individual personalities and there is no guarantee that the Ragdolls YOU get would exactly fit into the profile. How the kittens are treated and socialized determines what kind of feline citizens they will be. If they are teased, neglected, ignored, etc. they will be shy and anti-social. If they are loved, trained, and all their diet and medical needs (including altering) are met, they will give years companionship. Do your homework before you get them...!

Lionel

Ragdolls are prone to be very gentle and do not cause trouble. They are very fine with people but are good with themselves. You should get the kittens but get them from the same litter.

Lionel answered on 4/27/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer