I think my cat is dying

I think my cat is dying. It's been some time since I've first noticed the tumor on her breasts and it only got worse since. I'm just so scared and I don't know what to do - I don't have enough money to pay the doctor, but if I tell grandma that'll break her heart like it broke mine. And is there even a point of telling? My cat os old. she's 14,5 years old and we grew up together. They told me an old cat would only die in suffering. I remember neighbors' cat dying of cancer in suffering - she never recovered ater the third painful operation. And she wasn't even that old. Somehow it never crossed my mind my cat will die one day.
I don't even know why I'm writing this, there's no answer to my question. I just don't have someone to confess this to, and this confession - it hurts so bad. Why does it have to? If I ever knew it would, I'd never have gotten a cat in the first place.

Asked by Member 1148958 on Jan 8th 2013 Tagged deathcancerithinkineedadoctor in Health & Wellness

Answers

Please contact your local shelter to see if they have a low-cost clinic or can recommend a low-cost vet. You should at least have your kitty examined; if she does have cancer, the kindest thing to do if you can't afford to treat her would be to have her euthanized so she doesn't suffer.

I'm so sorry you and your cat are going through this. Yes, it is hard to comprehend that one day we will have to say goodbye to our little furry friends. I have lost two cats to cancer and my Dad lost his cats to cancer as well. I think it is because they are living longer just like people and eventually die from cancer. Maybe your Grandma will help you pay for a vet to check your cat out and tell you what is going on with her. I hope your kitty is okay. I wish you and she all the best.