Fuzzy

I think my cat has an infected eat?

It has a smell, and is bothering him, I cleaned it out last night and got all the wax out of it but theres more in there this morning. I have taken him to the vet before with his ears and he had ear mites. I still have some of the medication for that. I was also told by the vet to clean his ears with half vinegar half water. That was last year. Should I do this again or take him in to see the Doc?

Asked by Fuzzy on May 3rd 2010 Tagged emergency, firstaid, earmites, earwax, earproblems in Medications

Answers

Take you cat in to see the vet. The medicine could be expired. Also ear infections can be due to yeast, bacteria, or mites so the medication that was prescribed last year might not work if it's a different infection. Do not put any liquids or cleaners in your cat's ears til the vet has confimed his ear drums are intact. Please call your vet and schedule an appointment.