Ziek

I have stinky ears...

I seem to have stinky ears. My mama cleans them out very gently with OTC ear cleaner for cats, but sometimes she still complains that my ears smell. Could it be anything else? They aren't very dirty-- no black spots, just a normal amount of wax. Or does Mama just have to clean them out better??

Asked by Ziek on Mar 17th 2009 Tagged smellyears in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I'd take Ziek to the vet. My MIL's kitty has chronically stinky ears because of yeast that grows there. You might need some Rx cleaner to clear that up.

I agree with Oscar J. Stinky ears in a cat usually means an infection or other problem. I would have the vet check that out just in case. My Kira had to have a very expensive and serious surgery on her inner ear due to chronic infections that deformed her inner ear (bullae)