I have cats that don't get along at all.

Well, I've asked on a few others sites and have yet to get any replies... So I thought I'd try here, even though I'm attempting to take a break from WoW.

I have three cats. Their names are Kat, Rose and Rarity. Now, Kat and Rose get along half of the time. Occasionally, Kat will get mad at Rose and attack Rose (for example, this happened today when petting Rose, Kat became angry and pounced on us both. I ended up with a crap load of scratches on my shoulder.)

Kat is also very mean at times, you'll pet her and she'll spin around and scratch you. I haven't had any luck getting her to stop.

The big problem is that Kat and Rose both hate Rarity. I got Rarity a year ago after a friend found her in the snow. At first their hostile demeanor wasn't unusual, she was a new cat after all. After a few months, there was no change in their hate for Rarity. I thought it might have to do with being in a small apartment, so when I moved, I figured with enough room the cats wouldn't hate each other

Asked by Member 1142210 on Nov 25th 2012 Tagged fighting, anger, aggression, behavior in Aggression

Answers

It's difficult to deal with one ornery cat, but you have three and I sympathize. If your cats aren't spayed, they need to be asap. Cat scratches can become easily infected, so take care of yourself as well. There are things you can try like Feliway, Rescue Remedy or calming collars, but if it were me, I'd have a heart to heart chat with my vet. They can pinpoint what might be the issue with the girls. They can suggest behavioral counselling and even prescribe a short course of anti-anxiety meds. Since your cats attack you as well as each other, it's possible there's something going on in the house that your vet can pick up on. Good luck. I hope you find peace with the girls very soon.