I didn't allow my female cat to mate early this day

Hi
My 8 months old female cat had her first heat cycle today, I didn't understand her new awkward behavior until I searched in the internet and read about it. My cat is usually allowed outdoor, I am sure that if she gets out she'll get sprayed but at the time I'm writing this she's doing the ugly calling and it's night and I can't let her out. She's been like this for 3 hours now and I won't allow her outside only after 11 hours (in the next morning) that makes 14 hours of this heat period. Will that be unhealthy or will it harm her? And is there a way I can stop this behavior even only for tonight?
Thanks.

Asked by Member 1148002 on Jan 3rd 2013 Tagged catinheatnotallowedhours in Breeds

Answers

Maya

Sadly, I haven't found any way to stop her behavior during a heat cycle, except getting the cat spayed. Not letting her out while she's in heat is the best thing you can do unless you want kittens. I know how annoying the calling is, especially at night, but the only way is to just buckle down and get through it. I would suggest getting her spayed if at all possible (unless you want to breed her, of course). Unfortunately the only way to get her to stop her behavior is to either spay her or wait until it's over and enjoy it until the next cycle comes 'round.

Maya answered on 2/22/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer