i am looking for a cat

i want a cat please can you help me

Asked by Member 1131391 on Sep 18th 2012 Tagged iwantacatwithtagsplease in Litter Box Training

Answers

Baby

I don't know where you live, but I have a black stray that came to me a couple of weeks ago. I think it is a male and it is the most loving cat. Not sure about the age but looks to be around 6months to a year. I have 3 indoor cats of my own and a dog and live in a very small house. Would love to see this cat get a new home. People seem to move in up here where we live and then move and throw the cat out. There is not a no-kill cat shelter within 1000 miles of us that will take it.

Baby answered on 9/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Go to www.petfinder.com and check out the rescues and shelters in your area. You can see where they are located in your city and what cats they have available. When you go to the shelter, expect to be asked many questions about your lifestyle, your home, your schedule and your ideas on how to take care of a cat. Before you adopt, get a vet on board. A vet can advise you on how to take care of a cat and what you need to do to make sure it's happy and healthy. The shelter will be able to suggest which of their cats they think will fit into your life. Places like PetSmart and Petco also have adoption centers used by local rescues.

If you live in an apartment, make sure your apartment allows cats. Do you have any idea what breed of cat you'd like to have? If not, perhaps this site can help you:www.petnet.com.au

Find a local shelter on www.petfinder.com to adopt from. You should also go ahead & find a good local vet.

You'll need cat toys, a litter box, litter, food & water bowls, cat carrier & more so make sure you have everything that you'll need before you adopt. Good luck!